Wednesday, November 30, 2011

CHRISTMAS IS COMING...and I am so not ready!

CRIMINY!!! It's already been 2 weeks since I've posted. I'll say it again, a sad and sorry blogger I am making!  Thanksgiving has come and gone...fabulous and tiring though it was.  We had lots of guests for the holiday and if I WERE a good blogger I would have photos to show you of all my beautiful decor and table settings...but alas, I SUCK!!! I think my sweet Honey's mom or sister in law took a few pics for posterity, but I don't have any!  Oh well... we had a great holiday with LOTS of yummy food  (including a 22lb turkey TSGITW thought we needed).  I don't care if I never SEE another piece of turkey, but unfortunately we still have some in the freezer. That man is gonna make turkey soup. SIGH! After enjoying the holiday and our guests, we cleaned the house back to a recognizable state Thanksgiving night and at 1:30 am I set out to stand in line for a little Black Friday fun.  And I did have fun, but I am so particular that even after staying out til 5 am I only have 5 presents purchased.  No, that was not a typo on my part. I said 5 (five). That's it!  I so have to get my butt in gear. 5 presents and the decorating hasn't really even begun!  I am so far behind...so far I have the dining room about half done and that's all. Nothing else!  I feel like a scrooge. It's not that I don't love Christmas, I DO!!! I am just really busy and tired when I get home and I need a free weekend to get things done, but so far, no such luck. Okay, I will stop with the whining and go off to bed so I can begin again in the morning. Hope your holiday was blessed and hopefully I'll be back sooner this time! :) JENN

1 comment:

  1. I'm sortof feeling scroogie as well.. this is the first Christmas where I don't have the tree completely full of presents pouring out. not 1 gift under the tree... and i've decorated the tree 3 times now b/c the first 2 times just looked pitiful! Turkey soup? Really? eek!

    ReplyDelete